Saturday, April 16, 2005

Surrounded by Sound!!

Well, all of the talk finally sunk me. I had been looking for a way to spend my credit card points and after a few brief conversations with Dariano and and remember all of my wonderful experiences at Steve and my one experience at Mac's, I finally broke down and got a home theater system.

I have to say that I'm very impressed with my own little set-up as well. It's so nice just to hear things from the mono system that I had set up before. To make sure that it was up to it's fullest potential, I watched the D-Day episode of Band of Brothers, and yep, oh yeah, the bullets are literally flying (it's actually rather entertaining because it freaks the dog out, but then again, she's mystified by laser pointers).

I'm glad that I joined this technology trend, as I think it will greatly enhance my NetFlix addiciton, although I wish I would have leaped on this bandwagon sooner. If you're one of those out there without at least six speakers around you, surround yourself as soon as possible. You'll thank me for it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Failoz said...

I can get some sweet Surround Sound with my 9.99 headphones i picked up from the local store.

1:49 PM  
Blogger steven said...

It's not an awesome movie or anything, but "The Others" is awesome on surround sound. Will scare the crap out of you.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ahhh...this brings back memories of when I saw the first "Dolby Digital" trailer on a laser disc with our system here at home.

Surround sound does rock!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Actually, it was an older system back then, but still very cool at the time.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

the system may be old, but I know the feeling Chris! Last night I plugged in my PlayStation 2 and just watched a couple of game intros with the new system. Far and away the best was Metal Gear Solid 2, because there are gun and sword fights as well as an awesome theme song. It was like shaking the room at 11:30 last night (take that neighbor downstairs!) and I literally got goosebumps.

PS- Steve, thanks for the rec. I'll throw it on the ol' list.

7:29 AM  
Blogger JZ said...

I'm sure that would be nice to have more than 2 speakers.

4:52 PM  
Blogger steven said...

SPAMMMMM!!!!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home