Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It's Not Every Day...

ok, I couldn't resist. I got to go see a Premier League match last night with a former player for the team who is still treated like royalty. Needless to say it was a night to remember.


This is a picture of me standing on the pitch (or the field) about an hour before kickoff. There were already a couple hundred people filtering into the stands at this point so it was weird being the only person out there but amazing!



Here I am with one of the greatest strikers in Europe, Milan Baros. He was voted greatest player at the Euro 2004 tournament, where all the nations of Europe compete in a World-Cup-style setting. He plays for the Czech Republic.



This is the man himself, the voice of FIFA soccer that Failor and I have played all these years. It was so weird to be meeting him and hearing that voice that you recognize right away. "He picked his pocket like the artful dodger!" Hopefully he didn't notice my tie!


The match was incredibly exciting and the home team won 4-0. Great time had by all, especially me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sounds cool Brad!

Now if only I knew "the voice".

9:03 PM  
Blogger steven said...

Hey, what are people listening to, music wise, over there right now?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Chris,

I'd recommend swinging by Best Buy or something and picking up last year's copy or something, it's a great game and probably wouldn't set you back by more than about $10.

Steve,

Haha, it all sounds new to me! I haven't recognized much in terms of what I've heard, so apparently they're ahead of us (not surprising). What I have managed to pick up are a VERY popular rap group from Wales called 'Goldie Lookin Chain', they're kinda goofy rap (their hit song is 'your mother's got a penis'). Also, my super likes a band called Audio Bullys, they're more of a hard rock, almost a bit like Rage Against the Machine. A fair amount of people here are also into American rap, so that's all I recognize (Jay-Z, Eminem, Snoop, etc.). Let me try and figure out some of the other artists that I've heard by looking into some playlists...

2:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Are a lot of people over there still using that stupid and annoying frog ringtone, or has that fad gone to the wayside?

9:03 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I'm not sure what ringtone you're referring to, so they must not be!

Steve,

Some of the other popular bands over here right now are Coldplay (obviously), Goldfrapp, Kaiser Chiefs, Keane, Jem, Pussycat Dolls and Hard-Fi.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

This is the "Crazy Frog" (watch the video):

http://www.crazyfrogonline.com/

Also see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Frog

8:03 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Speaking of "The Voice", now you just need to meet Andres Kantor and go, "Gooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll!!!!!!"

10:10 PM  
Blogger Failoz said...

Is Andres related to Paul?

9:42 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

I have no idea.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Failoz said...

IM sure he isnt


Paul Kantor is way too cool

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home