Saturday, September 03, 2005

No Actually I'm English...


(this is a photo of me in my team's home jersey, sorry that its blurry)

So my first real week is in the bag over here in lovely Southend. I say lovely because, touch wood (that's what they say here instead of 'knock'), it still hasn't rained in the past 10 days. It's been sunny and 80 with a nice breeze off the water every day. Can't beat that!

I started off the week with the local derby against Colchester, and then started off my work week on Tuesday. I got a full tour of the stadium, complete with all of the behind-the-scenes stuff like the dressing rooms, the treatment room and the manager's office. Then on Wednesday I was taken over to the training ground and introduced to all of the players. Some of them were rather formal but most of them were very pleasant and a few even stopped to talk with me for a few minutes about my experience so far and my position with the club! It's pretty surreal to actually be rubbing elbows with players who I've been following and hearing about for months.

The people that I work with on a daily basis are very nice and have been very accomodating, since I had to learn how to do pretty much everything, even using the phone. My orientation is pretty much over and they're going to start piling on the work pretty soon, I'm sure. One assignment that I already have is writing the weekly email newsletter for next week. It goes out to over 5,000 emails and it contains about 5 articles, all of which I have to write! Not that I'm intimidated or anything.

Tomorrow, the team have a match vs. Oldham Athletic, and I will be hosting the executive's lounge, then watching the match from the press box. Can't complain about that much!

In other news, I'm all moved into my permanent room at the Waverley Guest House and its nice to finally feel settled. The folks that own the place are very nice, and how can I complain about getting clean towels every day, someone to make my bed and someone to cook my breakfast for me? Seems a sweet deal to me!

More to come next week...

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

These spammers can't even spell right.

Good to hear from you Brad! I'll have to give an update myself soon (once I have time!).

Could you by any chance forward one of those soccer emails to me (one written by you, of course)? You've peaked my interest.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Chris,

I know, its ridiculous. I wish I could delete them.

As far as the newsletter, obviously I could forward you the one I sent out last week but I only wrote one thing in it. Would you like that one as well? I'd also be happy to send you the next one that will be hopefully sent out this coming Wednesday. Just send me an IM with the email address you prefer.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can't access IM right now, but please send it to the email address that has no numbers in it (hopefully you know what I mean).

Also, you can send me both last weeks and this weeks newsletters. That way I can read your first column and your first entire newsletter.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Failoz said...

You're not English, you're retarded.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

haha, you'll rue the day you crossed me Trebek!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home