Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Update

Well, not a whole lot of excitement down here in sunny and sweltering Bloomington, Indiana. I've spent the last week trying to keep cool as Summer II classes got under way. As stated in the previous update, I'm taking a class on Administrative Theory, and yes, it is as boring as you expect. That, and Intro to Computers, so now I can say that I know how to bold-face type on Word with the best of them. Needless to say, I'm ready to be done with classes.

Things are going well with the UK plans. I'm in occassional contact with the club, and they seem to be excited for my arrival, although probably not as excited as I am. I've also been chatting with Southend fans on their message boards, and they are all very stoked about the opportunity they have to play in League 1 this season, meaning the teams will be better and the stakes higher. My Blue Card application is complete and has been submitted, so now I am waiting to receive both my passport and the Blue Card, both of which should arrive in the mail this coming week. Michelle solidified her visitation plans last week, and she will be over visiting from December 19 through January 3. My parents are also setting their plans to come visit, probably beginning the day after Christmas. All other dates are still open for visitors!

Speaking of parents, ma and pa couldn't wait any longer and brought a new bundle of joy home on Saturday afternoon. It's a small female (black, of course) and about 8 weeks old. They're thinking of naming it either Lindy or Abby, but they haven't decided for sure yet. They adopted her from Planned Pethood, who was having an "Adopt-a-thon" at Anderson's on Saturday, and my dad heard about it and couldn't resist checking out. Of course, getting there meant he wouldn't be able to resist taking one home either, so they are back up to two dogs. Bentley didn't seem to care much, he just sniffed her and laid back down.

I just finished "Today Matters" by John C. Maxwell, a book that was a gift from my church congregation for graduating from college. It's one of those books that helps you set your life straight and helps you to organize and prioritize your life to get the most out of it. I found it enjoyable to read and was very quick to go through, and I did feel as though I took a few things from it. I don't expect any of you to notice any massive changes, but I am looking at things a bit differently now.

For those of you that are interested in where I'll be and what I'll be doing, check out these websites.

www.southendunited.co.uk

www.footballgroundguide.co.uk

The second site you'll have to find Southend United under League 1, but it has pictures of the stadium that I'll be working at as well as some interesting tidbits about the club itself (chants, songs, best nearby pubs, etc.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

and thank you for the kind words. Obviously my topics don't generate the massive comments, but honestly I don't really have anything hard-hitting to say. I go to school and play video games pretty much.

And D, you got #1 all locked up!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Can I be #2?

Also, I found one picture of the stadium and it looks pretty nice. If you ever find pictures of the area in England you'll be living around, you should post those on your blog.

Do you know how to do pictures?

11:28 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

no, actually, I'm not sure how to post pictures, but I haven't found very many of the town itself yet, just those three on footballgroundguide.com. Once I get over there and get pictures of the pad and stuff, I will be sure to post those as well of course.

9:59 AM  
Blogger steven said...

glad you liked Frailty. Reminds me of Hitchcock. And there's a lot of real shit horror circulating around...this was one of the few i really liked out of the past few years.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

yeah, I'd have to say what made it good was Bill Paxton's performance. His character seemed very believable, like he knew in some way that what he was doing was wrong but how can you say no to God if you truly believe He spoke to you?

9:49 AM  
Blogger steven said...

If you don't ride in the double decker bus, the terrorists win.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

duly noted, thanks.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home