Thursday, June 16, 2005

So What's New?

Well, obviously my attempts at discussing hard-hitting topics did not work, so I'll just go back to what's going on here.

Schoolwise, I just finished up the first summer term, completing classes in The Sports Industry and Topics in Commercial Sports. My next term gets under way in full next week, and I'll be taking a class on Administrative Theory and Intro to Computers. I have to have a computers class on my transcript to get my Master's degree, and I'm probably the only person in America who didn't take one in undergrad, so I'm gonna be taking that next term. I finish all of the coursework up on August 12, and will be returning to the burg then to get ready for the big move.

Which brings me to the UK. Plane tickets have been bought, and I will be flying out on August 20 at 9:40 pm from Detroit. Yes, that's the same day as Mike's wedding, but I'll still be at the ceremony. Just not the reception. Sorry D, but if I wait until the first available flight Sunday morning the price jumps up about $130. I'm also in the midst of filling out my Blue Card information so that I can submit it. The Blue Card acts as my necessary visas and such so that I'll be legally there for up to six months. Still waiting for people to let me know when they're coming to visit!

As far as gaming, I've been enjoying EVE Online lately. It's a spaced-based online game, but it is based entirely around ships, not running around. The game is set up based on an economy system, so whatever minerals and items are being bought and sold heavily will show the greatest fluctuation in price at those space stations. Characters are able to explore any sort of career path, such as creating and running a mining operation, hunting down space pirates or rogue players or even founding an intergalactic corporation. It's been fun so far.

Last night I finished Y: The Last Man Vol.2 , and I have to say that's a very enjoyable read. The concept of the graphic novel is a plague strikes across the entire planet, killing everything with a Y Chromosome, except for one guy and his pet monkey. The world is now run entirely by women, many of whom have heard that one man survived and are trying to kill him. Meanwhile, a sympathetic woman scientist is attempting to determine what happened and bring the men back. It's really an interesting premise and I think that the creators really pinned down well what would really happen. Due to obvious things such as 95% of pilots being male, women have been set back in a lot of ways, but they quickly learn to survive, but groups of them also learn to hate other groups (Femi-nazis, for example, are trying to take control of the country).

Well, that's some of the latest going on here, if any of you are interested in borrowing any of my graphic novels, let me know and I'll try and get them to you. Here's the ones I have available if anyone's interested.

Ex Machina: The First Hundred Days
Iron Empires: Volume 1
Y: The Last Man Volume 1
Y: The Last Man Volume 2

7 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

haha, there is some animated boobs and plenty of foul language. This one's for big kids, not little ones.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Failoz said...

I had a dream last night about the cabin and Tony's.

1:15 PM  
Blogger JZ said...

mmm tony's

3:39 PM  
Blogger JZ said...

Nice post Brad... I actually like hearing what people are doing, I hope you have time for TC.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

believe me, I'll be doing everything I can to make sure that I'll be available for that. Now Failor has to do everything he can to make sure we can actually get the cabin!

8:46 AM  
Blogger steven said...

incidentally, i might decide to not bring the video camera this time...seems like it would be more enjoyable without me worrying about a "job" to do.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

well that can't happen! that's half the fun when we get home!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home