Monday, May 30, 2005

Update

Howdy-ho out there. Not really too much new and exciting to report, but I was getting tired of checking my blog and seeing that "Wowza" post, as I'm sure you were too. So I'll just try and bring you up to speed on what's been going on here lately.

Weather is a little rainy here today, which is required since today is Memorial Day. So much for spending the day outside.

School is going alright, but its summer school, so everything is accelerated, which can be good and bad. The good thing is that I'm finished with these classes in about three weeks, but the bad news is that in those next three weeks I'll be having like 3 exams and 5 papers or something ridiculous like that.

England: Recent developments here have included submitting the passport application and inquiring about further visa details. Neither myself nor the club are sure whether I even need one since this is just technically an "internship", but I'm waiting to hear back from the British consulate. In other news, the club won its game Saturday to earn promotion to League 1 for next year, sending fans over there into a tizzy. The financial windfall from playing in a higher division will greatly help the club and gets them one step closer to competing with the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal. This also means that the stadium will probably be sold out for most home games since the quality of competition will be so much better next year, making for an awesome work environment. Imagine if the Mud Hens started playing teams like the Yankees every week; you could expect attendence to jump.

In music, my two most recent CD purchases have been Duran Duran's new CD, "Astronaut", and the Bravery's self-titled album. Both of them are very heavy new-wave style, so if you didn't like the 80's, stay away. The Duran Duran CD is frankly some of the best stuff I've heard from them, it's phenomenal if you like their music. The Bravery are very similar to the Killers, so if you like the modern new-wave movement, you may look into the Bravery as well. Trust me, its good.

I've been seeing my share of movies in my spare time as well, thanks to NetFlix. Although I ended up watching a movie called "Python" on SciFi yesterday, it was one of those movies that was just so bad, but you couldn't help but watch it anyways. I've also seen "American Splendor," "Event Horizon," and "Best of Will Ferrell 2" recently, and none of them disappointed me. "American Splendor" is the story of a guy who writes comics of himself. The movie, then, is like the guy making a movie about himself making comics of himself. It sounds complex, but its well done, even has the comic book feel to it (thought bubbles and such). "Event Horizon" was a space thriller, and it was just your run-of-the-mill "scary" movie where something goes wrong in outer space and people start dying. It was mindless fun, nothing more. "The Best of Will Ferrell 2" was good, but of course not as good as the first. The highlights were James Lipton and a sketch of "the Lovers", with Christopher Walken. I'm actually thinking about renting "SNL: Best of Christopher Walken," just because every sketch he is in is so damn funny.

I haven't been reading much exciting lately outside of a few graphic novels (so far the "Y: The Last Man" series has been my fave) and some books about not looking like a complete ass in England (customs and word usage, etc).

Anyways, I just realized that I wrote a ton on here so I'm gonna wrap it. Rock out, amigos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home