Sunday, January 22, 2006

Up and Coming...

It's been a little bit since I've posted last, but it's sorta been calm here in Perrysburg the last few weeks. I'm all settled again since my move back from England, and it has been great to see the familiar faces around town, both family and friends.

In job news, the hunt has kicked into high gear, with the total now standing at 26 applications sent. I believe I have been rejected from 6 so far so that leaves me with plenty of possibilities. The most promising though was that I conducted a phone interview last Wednesday with the Portland Beavers, the Triple-A affiliate of the San Diego Padres. I would also double in that position as the primary media contact for the Portland Timbers, a soccer team in the league below MLS. Obviously the position is located in Portland, Oregon, which I am fine with, and I have had several volunteers for visitors already! I should be hearing back from the person I interviewed with this week.

Last night, Steve, Jen, Justin and I drove up to Detroit to a little club to catch my favorite British band Hard-Fi live. If you don't remember hearing about them, scroll down this blog two or three entries (they're the ones with the security camera logo). The show was absolutely excellent, and all four of us thoroughly enjoyed it. We had no trouble getting up or back, although Steve was asked by a bum what the greatest nation in the world is. (Answer? Donation. Steve agreed to the tune of $2).

Finally, I'd like to proudly announce the kick-off of my latest creative project, a serial story called "A Midsummer's Night Mare". I'm going to ATTEMPT to write a murder mystery in the old serial format, aka a new chapter every so often. It's going to be in blog format, though, so be looking for new bits of the story every few days or weeks, depending on how busy I am. You can read the story at http://midsummernightmare.blogspot.com. You will be welcome to post comments on the blog all along, including who you think 'dunnit', but I've got the plot pretty much ready to go already so I shouldn't need any assistance in that department.

Well, that's about all for now, hope everyone has a great week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Failoz said...

Why not sign on AIM anymore ?

Lets play Euchre this weekend some time on yahoo.

-Mike

7:56 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I don't have my computer up and running here at home so I have to use my parents and I don't feel like downloading and installing AIM.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Gabe said...

Good luck on all the jobs!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

thanks for the heads-up!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home