Sunday, December 11, 2005

Photo Journal Entry #5

Hey folks, welcome to my final European installment of the Photo Journal. Next week be sure to stop by and get my reactions and reflections of my work experience in England and my plans for the tourism period. Then you can look forward to my return to the States!

Until then, though, enjoy these...


This is me with Southend's mascot, Sammy the Shrimp, in the player's tunnel during my farewell game Saturday


This was taken last Tuesday at Southend's night game. It's always great being at a stadium at night, no matter where you are


Since there were requests for frontal shots of the Blue Belles, here was a glimpse in their little Santa outfits from Saturday's farewell match


My desk at the club. David Beckham's keeping an eye on things


And from the archives...


This is the Milwaukee Museum of Fine Art that Failor and I saw on our Chicago/Milwaukee trip in the summer of 2004. The museum was designed by renowned Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava.

7 Comments:

Blogger Failoz said...

Worst Mascot Ever. Seriously? A Shrimp?


On the topic of Mascots, my next goal (since I hit Otto) will be Zip the Kangaroo. Too bad ND will never play Akron....but maybe someday me and Zip will get our picture together.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Brad,

I've been keeping up with your blog for quite a bit now - enjoying the updates and whatnot. That building is freaking amazing! Is that your own pic?

Also - I was curious if you've gotten around to watching Topgear on BBC2? I'm so addicted to that show I download episodes religiously here and they were quite the craze when I was living in the dorm.

Finally, two things for Mike:
a) Worst mascot ever? Close, but not quite. Our mascot is a beaver...

b) enable non-blogger posts on your blog. I was going to comment but it wouldn't let me unless I made an account, which I'm NOT about to do...

2:58 PM  
Blogger Gabe said...

Hey if you want me to I can get zip for you sometime:)

4:30 PM  
Blogger steven said...

i like shrimp.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Failoz said...

Oh man gabe thats right......


I'd kill to get my picture taken with Zip

8:57 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Dude, Sammy the Shrimp and Elvis the Eel are quite cool, you just don't know a good mascot when you see one. Personally I'm sick of all the generic ones, Sammy won the FourFourTwo award for most original mascot, and there are some interesting ones here!

Habib, I haven't seen TopGear on BBC2, but do you know when it's on here? I'll have to look into it if you swear by it so much. Glad you've been enjoying the site, and I'm glad I allowed non-blogger comments! I did take that photo myself, by the way...

5:54 AM  
Blogger Gabe said...

I would have to say that the flying C is the best !! haha

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home