Saturday, November 12, 2005

Photo Journal Entry #3

Hey everyone, here's the third edition of my photo journal. Enjoy!!



The Southend terrace faithful at the first round FA Cup match last weekend at Barnet. Terracing is basically standing room only, no seats, and most stadiums here do not have them anymore because terracing is more conducive to fighting.



This is Southend High Street, about 2 miles from my guest house. I walk up there every weekend, have lunch, and browse through the stores. You can see it has been closed to cars so people can walk and shop freely. It was my mom's favourite part of being in England!



A "shrimper"; an actual shrimp fishing boat anchored just off of Southend pier (before it burned down obviously).



Me in front of a statue of Bobby Moore, England's World Cup Hero. He played his club ball for West Ham, which is where this statue is, on the night I met Milan Baros and John Motson.


And from the archives...


This is my car after my accident on July 20, 2004. I rear ended a yellow school bus on my way home from work at the Mud Hens. I still to this day do not know why this Maumee bus came to a complete stop in the middle of a residential block in South Toledo...

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

FAGS = "gay", "homosexual"
MAGS = "magazines"
OFFY = "offer", "for sale"

That's my interpretation. (I really hope it's something more creative and interesting than that though.)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

haha, you got one out of three Chris.

FAGS="cigarettes"
MAGS="magazines"
OFFY="Off-License"

An off-license basically means a right to sell alcohol, so an off-license shop would be equivalent to a small convenience mart, or newsagent as they call them here. It's a hole in the wall where you can get cigarettes, magazines and newspapers, and beer, basically.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

haha, believe me, there's off-licenses and newsagents WAAAAY closer to here than High Street!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Gabe said...

Happy Thanksgiving Brad!! We missed you at Turkey Bowl :)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home