Sunday, March 12, 2006

One Word

My summary would be: busy. I'd be lying if I said that I was used to working long hours, so starting out here has been a transition. I have to say that so far, I hate being tired at 10pm! I feel like I'm all grown up when I'm getting tired at the same time my parents are. The job itself is demanding yet exciting, because there is so much going on. This week I began interviewing for interns and have conducted four interviews so far. That's a little weird as well, because I'm not used to being the person asking the questions, but this is one time I don't mind being on my side of the table.

Right now I personally am working on the Timbers media guide (120 pages), helping with the Beavers gameday program (64 pages), proofreading the Beavers media guide (about 300 pages) and helping write all the content for three brand-new websites. That's all in addition to the normal emails and questions and such that I would need to respond to on a daily basis at the office. So certainly plenty to keep me occupied!

Michelle is spending her spring break here this week, so it will be great to have someone around when I get home. Today we went out to the Pacific Ocean, which took a little over an hour, and I got my first taste of that other big body of water. Lucy and I really enjoyed chasing waves out and then being chased back in, and I hope to have some pictures of our day posted soon.

I have not abandoned the murder mystery for those who read that, and I am really hoping to have the next installment up soon. I hope that you'll forgive me for being a bit slow on writing it right now due to how much work takes up and takes out of me, but I'll do my best to keep putting out new portions as often as I can.

One quick rant then to close. First of all, I wish Hollywood would stop making movies where it's funny if the main character gets injured somehow in the trailer. Case in point: "Failure to Launch," starring Matthew McConnahay (just because I don't care how to spell it for real) had spots on showing Matty boy being hit by the mast of his sailboat and being knocked overboard. Oh dear! I'm sure he was alright though to get back in the boat and continue his romantic tryst, even though a real injury like that could probably crush someone's skull or break someone's back. Fans looking for a retro feel might remember "Hitch" had a similar one, where Will Smith 'accidentally' kicks Eva Mendes in the face while they're riding jet skis. Oh the hilarity!

And finally, what has this world come to when I see ads for "Cruel Intentions" and its impending screening on ABC Family. Yes, the movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Reese Witherspoon and her husband where the goal is sexual conquest without consequences and yes, the channel that will be showing the "700 Club" immediately after this sin fest. Seriously, what is the thinking here? Kids might enjoy it? Personally, I'd rather my kids watch Wayne Brady sing on "Who's Line" all evening, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow night for that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home