Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Are You Nervous?



I have been a fan of the new-new wavers since I first heard The Killers back in mid-2004. I also really enjoyed The Bravery and the newest member of that niche, Rock Kills Kid.

Like most people, I got into them from their free song on iTunes. I ordered the CD and received it recently. I certainly was not disappointed in the purchase.

The music is definitely a throwback to the 80's, which for me is great. There is definitely a Smiths influence and some Duran Duran (particularly "Astronaut," Duran Duran's newest, sounds very similar).

The opening song, "Paralyzed", sets the mood of the album, which is that 80's guitar-and-synth theme, but then the middle of the album loses a bit of that. I personally found some of the songs in the center, such as "Back to Life" and "Run Like Hell" to be a bit of a letdown, but the great sound does pick up again toward the end of the album. I think that the last two songs especiallly, "I Need You" and "Raise Your Hands", are a fitting ending to the disc, particularly the last song.

If you are a fand of The Killers, The Bravery, The Smiths, Duran Duran or 24 Gone, you won't be too disappointed. It's a nice fresh sound when none of the above bands are coming out with anything new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home