Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Media Relations Coordinator? Nay, guru.



I feel like I had a pretty good day at work today. The days are always busy and long when one of the teams has a game (the Beavers were on game 4 of 7), but I felt like I was a good media relations coordinator today.

A writer from Portland's major paper, The Oregonian, had a reporter down to write a feature article on the Timbers for the sports section at the end of the week. That's great for us because the Timbers need the press. Then, only a few hours after that reporter left, another newspaper reporter called and wanted to do a Timbers feature for the end of the week as well. I was able to set him up with a great feature story idea, and he'll be down at the ballpark on Thursday to interview a player for it.

I'm also in a good mood because the Timbers media guide is just about finished, and we hope to have it ready by this Saturday night's game. That has been single largest project I've been working on since I got here, and I'll have been responsible for making sure every word on all 126 pages is correct. I can't wait to see it finished.

It's getting down to crunch time on getting kids signed up for the Beavers summer baseball camps, but I'm feeling very optimistic about a new wave of flyers and emails that went out recently. Hopefully we'll have a decent response rate.

Finally, I'm stoked that I have a bit of a queue of things to post on the Timbers website. Coming into this job, my big goal was to have daily content updates on the Timbers site. I have to say that I've failed in that so far, but hopefully no longer. I am able to post at least one article a day through Saturday and then should have a few things lined up for next week as well. I also have some ideas about really bringing the fans into things more, so hopefully there will be some developments on that front as well in the next few weeks.

Check out www.portlandtimbers.com to see what I'm up to. I've been writing all the articles for the site since shortly after I started here, so updates are of my origin. Feel free to leave me feedback or comments on here as well. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger steven said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home